Some hopefully helpful guidance on making the most of your trip to Myanmar. Includes visa, money changing, packing advice, food & drink and safety tips.
Archive | south east asia RSS feed for this section
With over a thousand photos of Bagan, mostly of temples, it was tricky to choose the ten most memorable. It was easy to pick the least favourite.
Watching the sunset from the Minochantha stupa group it’s possible to see the plains of Bagan, including Ananda Temple and Thatbyinnyu
Mount Popa is a volcanic mountain a short way from Bagan. From a distance it shines with golden stupas, but up close it’s not quite so lovely.
Making the most of your stay in and around Mandalay, including tips on hotels, where to stay and what to see in the surrounding countryside.
Visiting Mingun Pahtodawgyi and Hsinbyume Paya at Mingun. It would have been home to the world’s largest stupa if the king hadn’t been so superstitious.
Subscribe / Connect
Enter your address to receive updates by email (What are all these social media links?):
Map of posts on page
- Applying for a Chinese visa – Hong Kong, China April 25, 2011
- Simple guide to choosing a VPN for China (and elsewhere!) April 24, 2012
- Travel memory : My worst ever tour group June 26, 2012
- Unusual foods I’ve eaten around the world March 16, 2012
- Staring – Yinchuan, China May 3, 2011
- Less common tips for first-time visitors to China April 26, 2012
- Whale Watching off San Diego May 23, 2013
- One Day in Los Angeles (is enough), California May 22, 2013
- Driving through Big Sur at sunset – Monterey, California May 16, 2013
- Monterey Bay Aquarium – The Ocean’s Edge May 14, 2013
- The Jellies Experience – Monterey Bay Aquarium May 9, 2013
- Sea Dragons at Monterey Bay Aquarium May 6, 2013
- P.T. I can imagine your disappointment. But it made up for a hilarious blogpost. "...we could easily locate them using the endless screams as a form... read more
- Sandra Foyt Last time I did that drive it was with kids and dogs in the days where we used a AAA guide book to find hotels,... read more
- Andrea I don't love LA either...I think it's a great destination for film buffs and the star-struck, but if you're like me and really detest Hollywood... read more
- May 23 Update I didn't notice--everything moved very quickly once inside. I arrived at about 8:45am, was inside the office by 9:10, and only spent a few minutes... read more
- Lavi Thank you for that Tan read more
- Older »